Monday, January 10, 2011

La Bodega

Met up with a friend the other day at Empire and since we were both not very hungry, we decided to have some tapas for lunch at La Bodega.

We ordered a sundried tomato pate just cause I like sundried tomatoes and it sounded like a really good spread and I was right.. It tasted good by itself and it also taste good with accompanying the other items we ordered. We also ordered grilled sardines which I wasn't too enthusiastic about just cause I wasn't a fan of sardines but boy was I proven wrong.. the sardines were beautifully seasoned and grilled  (despite looking a bit too charred) which made them really tasty.. Yum.. It also went well with a bit of the pate. We also ordered some champignons cooked with some garlic and butter just because both of us love mushrooms... It tasted pretty good although it was a tad too oily for me considering we like dipping our bread into the sauce.I then decide that we could try something new on the menu which was beef patties served with tomato sauce... This we didnt like... It was actually beef patties breaded and fried but it didn't have much flavour to it except the beefy taste coated in tomato sauce... this is definitely not recommended although it looks good.Last item for the day was a standard order for me... I have always ordered the grilled lamb cutlets every time I go to La Bodega but since my friend was not a lamb fan, I ordered a single cutlet. Tasted good as usual. :)

 
La Bodega - Empire
LG25, Lower Ground,
Empire Shopping Gallery
Tel: 603 5022 2098

No comments:

Post a Comment