Monday, January 10, 2011

Fu Gua Thong

I have never been a fan of vegetables... From young I was very selective over what kind of vegetables I eat but ironically I have learnt to take bitter gourd in recent years... so when I was recommended this place by a friend and I decided to give it a go... As per the name of the shop, they really served everything and everything to do with bitter gourd from soups to dishes to teas all infused with bitter gourd some way or the other...

We ordered the bitter gourd meehoon soup and some crispy fried pork which was one of their signature dishes... I don't believe I am saying this but I absolutely love the soup... It was basically a pork and bitter gourd soup served with loads of thinly sliced bitter gourd.. I won't lie and say it wasn't bitter but the bitterness was somehow not too strong for me.. There was a hint of bitterness that when taken with a slice of bird's eye chilli just gave a good punch of spicy and bitter. I ended up finishing the whole bowl of noodles in a jiffy... and it wasn't a small bowl.. haha!

The fried crispy pork was really tasty.. It had a crispy outer layer with a tasty tender center... It is surprisingly one of the better "Hakka Char Yok" that I have tasted though it was a tad oily.

Fu Gua Thong Restaurant ( Puchong )
32-G, Jalan Puteri 2/4,
Bandar Puteri,
47100 Puchong, Selangor
Tel:017 - 716 0006

No comments:

Post a Comment