Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Reunion Dinner...

Every year my family goes through the same routine of packing up on new year's eve and driving down to singapore for our Reunion Dinner with my mum's family... Yeah..u read right.. mum's family... My family is a bit terbalik when it comes to tradition...

How, what was different this year was how much food there was.. haha!! on a norm we would have perhaps 12 dishes max... This year we had 18 dishes... yeap.. count em... 18 dishes for 20 person.. Menu is as below:


1. Sharksfin soup

2. Abalone soup

3. Claypot chicken rice (supposedly with damn good 'ham yu')

4. Fried Mee Sua

5. Tang Hoon in thick soup

6. Pork dumpling

7. Chicken dumpling

8. Tomato curry chicken

9. Stir Fry Beef

10. Pan Fried Beef

11. Chicken stuffed with glutinous rice

12. Vegetarian Pun Choi

13. Tong Po Meat

14. Prawn Fritters

15. Sweet & Sour Fish

16. Mixed Vegetable

17. Beancurd skin roll

18. Fish Maw

Part of all the dishes... some couldnt fit on the table so were left in the kitchen... and as our typical reunion goes... we stood and walked around the table like a buffet spread.... It has been a long time since I have properly sat down around a table and have my reunion dinner.. but I like it this way anyway... It's how my family rolls... :D

4 comments:

  1. haha! 2 only ma...standard wan....every year same... sharksfin is mine!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. did u eat the shark meat?? if not it would b too cruel to eat the fins only but leave the shark finless

    ReplyDelete
  3. erm...meat was not served wor.. but I do eat shark meat la so I would like to think I eat the whole fella...

    ReplyDelete