Monday, February 7, 2011

Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie

Heard about this place from quite a few friends and we decided to venture all the way to Imbi just to have brunch at Levain... As we drove into the road leading to the place we could already see cars parked along the sides of the road and when we spotted the place we knew why. There were hoards of people, okay maybe not hoards but there was quite a big crowd in the boulangerie...

Now... on to the food... let's start with the pastries and bread.... We had a Caramel Nut Danish which was quite interesting but a tad difficult to eat... definitely needs to be eaten separately. :) The nuts were crunchy and sticky at the same time and the danish was pretty good as well...

Next up a Turkey Ham Epi which I quite enjoy as well. :)


This next one is my favourite. It's called the Chocolate French Toast but essentially it is bread with layers of chocolate swirling... Hmmm.. Yum!!


I bought this next one to take home and it was called Baumkuchen which is a traditional french layer cake layered with maple in a circular shape... The maple was just the right level of sweetness that it didn't leave your mouth tasting of maple. Do admire the work that goes into this cake.


Now for the mains.... We ordered just 2 since there was only 2 of us... Started off with their Creamy Mushroom Chicken Soup which was definitely not skimping on the cream... It was so creamy I couldn't take it but my sis whallopped it all down... Then again she likes cabonara and I don't so go figure... :) I would have appreciated it more if they used proper button mushroom instead of the canned ones.


We also ordered a Beef Aglio Olio which I found surprisingly good... the beef was tender and the spaghetti was just al dente... it has the right amount of olive oil to coat each strand...


and then there was desserts.... :) I order a cake called Le Sultan which was a Moist Mud Cake, Coffee Butter-cream and Dark Ganache. It sounded better than it tasted. Not that it was bad, it was fine but it was just that fine. It was missing the rich chocolate taste which I was expecting considering this place is owned by Beryl's. So that was a tad of a let down.

Washing it all down was our drinks for the day... a hot cup of Cappucino and a Hot Chocolate. The Cappucino was nice and fragrant but pity it wasn't served with a nice coffee art. The Hot Chocolate has loads of melted chocolate making it too sweet for my taste.

All in all I enjoyed my brunch... I like the ambience and the food was good.. Will definitely be back and this time, I will leave room for the macaroons... :D



Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie
No. 7, Jalan Delima,
55100 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia
Phone: +603 2142 6611

No comments:

Post a Comment