Friday, January 29, 2010

Precious find...

So... I meant to blog this much earlier on but never got myself to do it... I am such a procrastinator... haha!! Anyway... I wanted to share my precious little find tucked in the corner of Central Market... From the looks of it you wouldnt have thot anything great was there... boy was I wrong.... Herein lies one of the best Nyonya food I have ever had....

 



Inside the restaurant it was filled with antique furniture... Every table and chair was of different size and shapes... The decor was very peranakan...






And they had giant tables and chairs... my feet couldnt even touch the floor when I sat down.. of course it is partly due to my lack of height as well but lets not dwell there.... ;)

 

 



As for the food... yum yum!!! It was really so good... we had ju hu char as appetisers but we were so hungry we whallop it all before I could snap a pic.... Even the food below was snapped halfway eating... We had kangkung belacan, belacan omellete, devil's curry chicken and of course lobak!!!


One more item which I found was extraordinarily yummy was the nasi lemak rice... Basically rice cooked with santan and with blue flower for the Nyonya touch. It was so fluffy you knew immediately it was steamed rice and not those from a normal rice cooker.... It was really really good...







Oh I should not forget to mention the ice lemon tea... Yes you read right... Ice Lemon Tea...theirs was as authentic as it gets...really good stuff.... I was one happy camper...or eater.... haha!!


I am obviously not the only one to extoll the virtues of this place... check out the crowd... ironically not many locals know of this place... instead it is packed with foreigners who are either living in Malaysia or visiting.... Being that it is located in a tourist center, I suppose no local actually bothered to check out this place assuming it's just normal food with premium prices... Although it is a tad pricey but definitely worth it.... trust me...






Precious Old China was definitely a precious find.... :) Glad my mum's fren recommended the place.....
Precious Old China
Lot M2, Central Market
Tel : 03 - 2273 7372










 

No comments:

Post a Comment